Before traveling by plane, it is necessary to check if the cabin suitcase meets the requirements indicated in terms of dimensions and weight. As you know, at the boarding gate we can have problems if our hand luggage does not comply with Ryanair standards. Therefore, pay attention to the following indications, where we will analyze the cabin luggage allowed in this company.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Number of packages that can be taken
Ryanair allows one first piece of hand luggage per passenger and, since December 2013, a second piece of cabin luggage whose dimensions will be smaller than the first package.
- The price of the Ryanair cabin suitcase is € 0.00, that is, carrying two pieces of hand luggage is free. However, for excess luggage in Ryanair, the corresponding fee would have to be paid as if it were checked luggage. You will have to respect the measures of suitcases not to invoice in Ryanair.
- Adults traveling with a baby between 8 and 23 months can carry, apart from their own hand luggage, a baby bag as long as the baby travels in the adult's arms.
- Each aircraft has cabin space for up to 90 items between the packages of all the passengers of the plane.
Suitcase dimensions with Ryanair
The dimensions of the first piece Hand luggage must be 55 x 40 x 20 cm and its weight should not exceed 10 kg. As for the second cabin suitcase in Ryanair, its dimensions will be 35 x 20 x 20 cm. For example, a backpack or purse would be accepted.
In case of transporting a baby bag (when the baby is between 8 and 23 months old and travel in the arms of the accompanying adult), it should not weigh more than 5 kg.
Another possible option is to buy the Ryanair handbag, from the Samsonite brand. Its acceptance as cabin luggage is guaranteed on all Ryanair flights, since it complies with the exact measures required by the airline. More information in this link.
Below we show you a list of all the items that can be transported in your luggage to travel in Ryanair:
- Electronic devices: cameras including digital, laptop, mobile phone, electronic calendar, tablet, etc.
- Cosmetics and personal care items such as lipstick, deodorant, liquids or gels when they are for medical purposes and in small quantities. In addition, these should be contained in an individual plastic bag, which will have to be removed in the X-ray control.
- Liquids, when in containers whose capacity does not exceed 100 ml. These should be placed inside a single plastic bag, resealable and transparent, with dimensions of 20 cm x 20 cm and a total capacity of 1 liter maximum.
- Liquid medications when these are necessary during the flight without being placed in a transparent bag.
- Milk, milk powder, food and baby food powder If you travel with a baby. In addition, there is no quantity limit for these items and it is not necessary to carry them in the bag mentioned in the previous point.
- Scissors when they do not have a sharp point and are made of metal or plastic.
- Toy guns, except for those that are realistic replicas.
If you travel with a child under 2 years old, they can be transported for free up to two items of children's equipment, the first being a baby carriage and the second a child lifter, a car seat or a folding crib.
Baby strollers can be used until arrival at the plane ladder. During the flight, it will be transported in the plane's hold and will be returned upon arrival at the destination airport.
About liquid transport
Before boarding the flight, all passengers must undergo a security check using X-rays to control hand luggage in accordance with the regulations within the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA).
Therefore, as mentioned above, if you are going to transport liquids (gels, lotions, pastes or cosmetics in liquid format) in your handbag, these should go inside a transparent plastic bag, which must also carry self closing.
The capacity of said bag must not exceed 1 liter and its dimensions must be 20 cm x 20 cm. In addition, the containers of said elements must have a maximum capacity of 100 ml or less. Only one bag of the above characteristics is allowed per passenger and per journey.
Normally these bags can be obtained at the airport. However, there are airports that do not offer them. For this reason, we advise you to get one before the flight departure date. Most commonly they are sold in supermarkets or bazaars.
These are the items that, under any circumstances, you can take with you in the cabin for security reasons:
- Guns, firearms or weapons in general.
- Revolvers, guns, shotguns, shotguns and rifles.
- Replicas of firearms.
- Components of firearms (except sight devices and telescopic sights).
- Light signal guns, automatic guns and any type of gun replica even if it's a toy.
- Compressed air guns.
- CO2 weapons such as ball guns, industrial guns and nail guns.
- Crossbows, catapults, fishing rifles and harpoons.
- Weapons that stun as paralyzing guns, guns or electric batons, electric docks and laser weapons.
- Lighters that are a replica of a firearm.
- Animals that can attack people.
- Sharp or sharp weapons.
- Sharp objects, with a tip or with a blade that can cause injuries (axes, knives, arrows, darts, meat blades, machetes, open razors, automatic blades, scissors, ninja stars …)
- Mountaineering objects such as metal fasteners, iron hooks or studded soles.
- Harpoons, spears, picks and spikes for ice.
- Ice skates.
- Sabers, swords, poles, ski and hiking poles and scalpels.
- Work utensils such as saws, nails, drills, bits, pliers, wrenches, torches, etc.
- Non-sharpened instruments capable of causing injuries such as tennis rackets, baseball bats, canes (whether rigid or flexible), cricket sticks, golf and hockey, pool cues, fishing rods, martial arts equipment, etc.
- Flammable or explosive substances, such as detonators, wicks, explosives, mines, grenades of all kinds, gas and gas containers (butane, propane and oxygen in large quantities), matches, flammable liquid fuel (gasoline or diesel gasoline), alcohol, ethanol , paint sprays or thinner, alcoholic beverages with a 140% graduation, etc.
- Pyrotechnic items, like fireworks, flares, firecrackers and withering toys.
- Chemical and toxic substances, such as acids and alkalis, wet batteries, corrosive or bleaching substances (mercury, chlorine, gases, pepper sprays, tear gas, radioactive material, etc.), poisons, isotopes for medical or commercial use, etc.
- Substances that involve biological risk, such as infected blood, viruses and bacteria.
- Liquids, aerosols and gels provided they do not meet the requirements mentioned in point 3 of the previous section.
Transportation of special equipment
The cellos, guitars, violins or violas (musical instruments considered smaller) can be transported in the cabin as long as a seat is reserved for them and the corresponding fee is paid.
For this purpose, two seats must be reserved during the purchase of the ticket, the first with the passenger data and the second with the following data: COMFORT SEAT in the field "Surname" and EXTRA in the "Name" field.
Thus, the name will appear on the boarding pass EXTRA COMFORT SEAT to know that it is a seat reserved for an instrument. It is worth mentioning that the discount for large families will not apply for this special seat.
The equipment of people with reduced mobility is transported free of charge. On the other hand the sports equipment You must travel in the hold of the plane and a fee of £ 50 / € 50 per object and per journey must be paid.
Breach of the requirements
Ryanair does not allow transport animals in the cabin or in the hold of the plane, except guide dogs or guide dogs on certain routes.
If the dimensions of the travel bag with Ryanair exceed the dimensions of 55 x 40 x 20 cm or if the second piece exceeds the measures 35 x 20 x 20 cm, these will be denied at the boarding gate and we will be obliged to Pay the corresponding fee, which amounts to £ 50 / € 50 per passenger and one way. In addition, it will be transported in the aircraft hold.
This article has been shared 437 times.
Finally, we have selected the previous and next article of the block "Travel by airplane"so you can continue reading: