The classic Greek salad, also known as horiatiki salata, is a sample of the freshness that characterizes the cuisine of Greece. This fresh and healthy salad is one of the most popular in the East and one of its most typical variants is the one prepared in Turkey, where the ingredients are cut into smaller pieces.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Greek Salad Ingredients
The horiatiki salata It is an extremely simple preparation dish, since few ingredients are needed for its elaboration and, in addition, you do not have to cook any of them, just cut or chop them.
The time it takes to prepare it is about 10 minutes, although this time is estimated and will depend on the person who prepares it and the amount of ingredients you want to add.
Below we list the necessary ingredients for the preparation of a Greek salad for 2 people:
- 100 g of very ripe cherry or medium-sized tomatoes
- 1 small or medium sized cucumber
- 1 green pepper
- 1 small or medium purple onion
- 250 g Greek cheese (feta)
- Around 20 olives kalamata (Greek olives)
He dressing of the salad should be prepared separately and added once the above ingredients have been prepared. Next we detail the necessary ingredients for a good dressing:
- ¼ cup red vinegar
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
Step by step preparation
These are all the steps you must follow to get a traditional Greek salad:
- Wash and cut the tomatoes into slices or, if we use cherry tomatoes, cut them in half.
- Peel the cucumber and then cut it into slices. If desired, the slices can be cut in halves to obtain smaller pieces.
- Chop or chop the pepper and onion.
- Cut the feta cheese into small squares or crush it. It is also possible to leave it without cutting or chopping.
- Once we have all the ingredients cut, we put them together in the same container with the olives.
- Finally, we add the dressing and mix all the ingredients well.
- Serve cold
So that the salad has an excellent flavor, it is recommended to prepare it with very ripe tomatoes and not very green cucumbers, so that they will be crispy. In addition, it can be served with toast or pita bread and white or rosé wine.
This article has been shared 56 times.
Finally, we have selected the previous and next article of the block "Typical dishes of the world"so you can continue reading: