The boarding pass is the document that justifies the possession of the ticket for which we have the right to travel by plane. After processing the boarding pass at Ryanair, it must be presented at the check-in desk if we are going to check in luggage, at the security checkpoint and at the boarding gate, always next to the ID or passport.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Data and documentation to present
If you do not present any identification document next to the boarding pass, that is, if you cannot prove that you are the person whose name appears on the boarding pass, you will be denied boarding.
The boarding pass details must match the valid documentation to present, so if on the card you have chosen to identify yourself with your ID, then you will have to show said document, and the same in case you have chosen the passport.
For information about hand luggage and luggage checked in Ryanair you can check our following articles:
- Features of checked luggage in Ryanair
- Ryanair hand luggage
Keep in mind that if you are not a citizen of the European Union (EU) or the European Economic Area (EEA), you will also have to present it with your visa at the visa control desk and documentation before going through security control.
In the airport
Below we show you all the key points you should know if you are traveling with Ryanair and your intention is to obtain the boarding pass at the airport:
- To check-in and get the boarding pass at Ryanair we must contact at least one hour in advance to one of the billing terminals of the airline.
- Keep in mind that this company charges a commission that amounts to € 70 for obtaining the boarding pass at the counter, except in the case of customers who hire the Business Plus class, for whom this service will be free.
- Finally, we advise you to print your boarding pass through the internet.
In addition, if you want to hire a special service or we have to check luggage, you must pay the extra fee at the time of check-in. Do not forget that Ryanair counters close forty minutes before the flight departure time.
Ryanair enables this action for free from 7 days prior to the departure of our flight and up to 2 hours before. However, by paying an extra fee it is possible to check-in online within 30 days prior to the flight.
Therefore, these are some of the most important aspects to consider before, during and after online billing with Ryanair:
- It should be printed on an A4 sheet of paper.
- We have to verify the personal data (name and surname, ID or passport, etc.), flight schedules and assigned seat (or selected where appropriate) before printing the boarding pass.
- If you use this means of billing, you will have to show up at the boarding gate with at least 30 minutes in advance before the scheduled departure time of the flight.
- If you invoice online between 7 days and 2 hours prior to the departure of the plane, you can assign a seat for free.
To be able to check in online and get the boarding pass you must access the Ryanair website. You can access by clicking on this link.
You will have to follow the steps indicated, such as entering the flight, reservation, our personal email, etc. and continue to the next step, where personal data will be provided, such as ID or passport, full name of the traveler or date of birth and expiration of the document declared.
After placing this information, we will go to the billing screen and obtain the boarding pass to be able to print it, send it to us by email or save it in PDF format.
If you have obtained your boarding pass through the option Bill online, in case of loss or deterioration thereof there is no problem for reprint it. Otherwise, if you print it from the airport, in case of loss you would have to pay a fee that amounts to € 15.
Mobile boarding pass
Ryanair has a mobile boarding pass service that is accepted in the vast majority of airports where it operates. All citizens of the EU and the EEA have the right to obtain a mobile boarding pass, except in cases where they will travel to the airports mentioned above.
However, mobile boarding passes are not accepted in the following destinations:
If you travel to any of these airports, you will have to check in online or at the airport of origin. Anyway, before choosing this option always make sure that they will accept it at the destination airport, even if it is not one of the countries listed above.
It should be noted that, in order to access the mobile boarding pass service, you will have to download the free application Ryanair from Apple App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Android). These are all you need to know about it:
- You will have to show your mobile boarding pass at the following points: baggage check-in counter, security controls, boarding gate and on boarding the plane. Therefore, you must carry your mobile charged and throughout this process.
- The mobile boarding pass can also be used for reservations that include several passengers.
- It contains the following information: 2D barcode and information about the flight in text format.
- You will receive on your mobile the mobile boarding pass once you have billed online through the Ryanair mobile application. From the application you can see your boarding pass by selecting the option Boarding pass in the start menu.
- Similarly, you can obtain your mobile boarding pass even if you have already invoiced online and printed your paper boarding pass.
Finally, if it is the case that the boarding pass is not displayed correctly on your phone, it is most likely due to the configuration of your smartphone, so we advise you to contact the service of manufacturer technical assistance. If, after doing this, the problem persists, then you will have to print your boarding pass from the option Bill online from the Ryanair website.
This article has been shared 512 times.
Finally, we have selected the previous and next article of the block "Travel by airplane"so you can continue reading: