Ryanair, whose original trade name is Ryanair Ltd., is an airline of low cost flights of Irish origin whose headquarters are in Swords, Dublin (Ireland). Since it was founded in 1985, Ryanair has undergone an unprecedented expansion throughout Europe that has revolutionized air traffic thanks to its business model based on the sale of cheap air tickets.
There are six great advantages of flying with this low cost flight company:
- Although this is a common advantage in all low-cost airlines, it is true that Ryanair is usually unmarked in terms of extraordinarily low prices.
- Although today there is no need to buy the plane ticket in advance, we can see a decrease in flight prices if we buy our ticket with at least three or four months in advance.
- It operates routes from Spain to the main cities of Europe and also to Morocco. Within Europe, we can find destinations such as Germany, France, Italy, Malta, Slovakia, Lithuania, Poland, Norway, Spain, Sweden, etc. You can check the article Ryanair destinations from Spain for more detailed information about it.
- Ryanair does not operate routes with connections, so passenger comfort increases by not having to make scales.
- The company offers the service Ryanair Family Extra, which facilitates family travel: if this service is hired in its entirety, the family will acquire a 50% discount on checked luggage, assigned seats and boarding priority, as well as including travel insurance for minors 16 years old.
- Ryanair flights usually respect the arrival and departure times, so it is considered to be a very punctual airline, with some exceptions.
In addition, if during the booking of your flight you make a spelling error in your personal data or you have chosen the date or destination of your flight incorrectly, Ryanair considers these as minor mistakes And it has a special period of 24 hours since you make the purchase in which you can correct all these errors.
These are the disadvantages often referred to by users who have traveled on an occasion with the Irish airline:
- Other fees are added to the low initial price of the flight as you proceed through the reservation process: administrative charges and credit card payments, luggage billing surcharges, etc. During the online purchase process ads appear that offer extra services (car hiring, priority boarding …) to which you must be very attentive or otherwise you may hire them without wishing it because the option to refuse these services usually appears in lyrics Small or confusing.
- We have to print the boarding pass from home, so, if the day of departure of the flight arrives and we appear at the airport without it, we will be charged an extra fee or we will not be able to fly.
- Ryanair planes have little space between seats, which is often uncomfortable for many travelers.
- The most common is that the price of the flight increases as the departure date approaches. Therefore, it is not advisable to go to Ryanair in case you have to make an urgent flight.
- Ryanair usually operates in secondary airports and only in some main airports. Therefore, the passenger has to choose to travel to the airport by another means of transport, such as taxi, car or train, which can make the trip more expensive. In this way, it is possible that the very cheap price that we have paid for our plane ticket ends up being very high because of this journey.
- It is highly recommended to take with us the National Identity Document (DNI) to embark: otherwise, we may suffer a denied boarding. In any case, for some time now, the company sends an email to the passengers a few days before the flight leaves to remember this rule.
- The company allows a bulk of hand luggage, which, in addition, must have specific measures (maximum 10 kg and dimensions of 55 cm x 40 cm x 20 cm). Since December 2013, Ryanair has allowed a second hand bag of a size smaller than the first (not larger than 35 x 20 x 20).
It should be noted that, although now the seat assignment, there is no possibility to choose; For this purpose, an extra fee must be paid. In any case, Ryanair reserves the right to reallocate seats at any time for safety or operational reasons, even if we have already passed the boarding gate.
The airline has specific regulations regarding checked baggage. The passenger has the right to check a bag during the purchase of his ticket, for which he must pay the corresponding fee depending on whether he hires 15 or 20 kg of weight.
You can add a second one to this first bag once you have purchased the ticket, from the option Manage my reservation on the airline website. For more details about the luggage checked in Ryanair, we invite you to consult our article dedicated to it Features of checked luggage in Ryanair.
Another disadvantage is that the extra rate for every extra kilo of checked luggage is very high: for every extra kilo, € 10 extra, that is, if we spend for example 2 kg we would have to pay € 20, which is almost the same as checking in another 15 kg bag.
Finally, we have selected the previous and next article of the block "Travel by airplane"so you can continue reading: