Among the typical dishes of Thai cuisine we find Pad Thai. The Pad Thai is a popular dish that can be found both in the food carts on the streets and in restaurants, especially homemade food.
The Pad Thai consists of the preparation of a sauteed dish (in wok) and that is traditionally made up of rice noodles, tamarind sauce, green and red peppers, fish sauce (some fish stock is also usually used to help to cooking), prawns, chicken pieces, soy sauce, tofu, cilantro, and peanuts.
To prepare Pad Thai we will also need sugar, vinegar, dried shrimp, noodles, oil, garlic, Chinese turnip, prawns and red chili peppers.
Currently we can find two presentations of the Pad Thai, the most typical in Thailand that is dry and less consistent and the one that predominates in the West that is heavier and distinguished by being oily. Both are served decorated with slices of lime and fruit juice to be able to add it to the plate as a condiment. In some areas of Thailand it is also decorated with banana flowers and sprinkled with peanuts in pieces.
Ingredients for Pad Thai:
– A packet of rice noodles
– One garlic clove
– A piece of ginger
– Chicken or shrimp meat, according to our taste
– Three chives
– Two tablespoons sesame seeds
– Two tablespoons of ketchup (we can opt for tamarind juice)
– Oyster sauce (we can opt for soy sauce)
– Sliced chili pepper
– Roasted peanuts to taste (we can opt for cashews)
How to make Pad Thai step by step:
– We must soak the noodles in hot water for thirty minutes.
– While we wait, we are skipping in a pan with a little oil, garlic, chili, sesame seeds, chives, ginger and meat of our choice.
– When the meat is cooked, add the ketchup and oyster sauce.
– After five minutes, we add the noodles.
– We can add the peanuts and accompany with sliced lemon.