La Raita is a cold sauce typical of Indian cuisine. Although Raita is sometimes used as an entree or a salad, it is also used as a condiment for other Indian cuisine dishes.
Ingredients to prepare Raita
To prepare Raita, also known as yogurt sauce, we need:
– Natural yogurt
– 3 tomatoes
– 1 cucumber
– 1 onion
– Mint leaves, coriander leaves, coriander and cumin seeds.
How to prepare Raita step by step
The preparation of the Raita is very simple, then we indicate the preparation step by step:
– First we must wash the vegetables, peel the tomatoes and the cucumber
– Cut the tomatoes into cubes
– Grate the cucumber
– Finely chop the onion, coriander and mint leaves.
– Place all the ingredients in a bowl and add the cumin, ground seeds and yogurt.
– Mix until you get a homogeneous preparation.
– Refrigerate for at least sixty minutes before serving.
La Raita is ideal to accompany spicy foods due to its medium consistency and its cooling effect, therefore, it is also recommended as an accompaniment to dishes that contain meats (red and white), vegetables, and others.
In Indian cuisine, for example, it is typical that chicken curry with rice is accompanied with Raita.