Vueling Airlines It is an airline founded in Spain, based at the Barcelona-El Prat Airport. It is one of the flight companies low cost most valued not only by Spanish passengers, but throughout Europe for the many offers and discounts offered throughout the year. Here we have compiled the most frequent complaints and opinions of passengers about Vueling.
Below you have an index with all the points that we are going to deal with in this article.
Vueling: information and destinations
Vueling Airlines, better known simply as Vueling, is a Spanish low-cost airline, based in the Prat de Llobregat, Barcelona, Catalonia. Is property of International Airlines Group (IAG), founded by Iberia LAE and British Airways in 2011.
Its history dates back to July 2004, when it began operating as an independent airline. It was not until 2009, after its merger with Clickair, when it became dependent on Iberia. Since 2013, Vueling is owned by IAG. Although it was born as a conventional airline, it became considered a cheap flight company after the bankruptcy of Spanair, its main competitor, in 2012.
Although its operations center is Barcelona-El Prat International Airport (IATA code: BCN), it also has secondary offices in other Spanish cities, including: Oviedo, Alicante, Bilbao, Gran Canaria, Madrid, La Coruña, Ibiza, Mallorca , Seville, Valencia and Santiago de Compostela.
his fleet It is composed of more than 100 aircraft of the Airbus A320 family, with an average age of 7 years.
The main destinations offered by Vueling (a total of 163) are in European territory, although it also has some routes to international cities. Below are the countries and cities within them for which flights are available depending on the departure airport:
- Germany: Munich and Sttutgart
- Algeria: Algiers
- Austria: Vienna
- Belgium: Brussels
- Croatia: Dubrovnik, Split and Zadar
- Spain: A Coruña, Barcelona, Bilbao, Fuerteventura, Gran Canaria, Ibiza, Lanzarote, Mallorca, Menorca, Seville and Tenerife
- France: Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Nice, Paris and Rennes
- Greece: Kefalonia, Corfu, Kos, Mikonos, Préveza, Rhodes, Santorini and Zante
- Israel: Tel Aviv
- Italy: Catania, Florence, Lapedusa, Milan, Palermo and Rome (Fiumicino)
- Norway: Oslo
- Netherlands: Amsterdam
- United Kingdom (UK): Edinburgh, London and Manchester
- Czech Republic: Prague
- Switzerland: Geneva and Zurich
- Ukraine: Kiev
Vueling has a customer service for both reservations and general information regarding flights, claims and other incidents, doubts about cabin and checked baggage, transport conditions, etc.
Vueling is a low cost airline as well as others at European level like Ryanair or easyJet. As such, it offers a series of extremely cheap prices, but this can also bring with it a series of incidents, either when making a reservation or when boarding.
Some of the most common disadvantages and complaints of those who have already flown at least once with this airline are:
- Little cabin space: Occasionally, the space for hand luggage in the cabin for each passenger is not respected when the flight is complete. This has resulted in cases of damage to the personal objects of some users.
- Delays: Air passengers are entitled to reimbursement or financial compensation in accordance with European regulations in this regard. However, there have been repeated cases of delays of 6 hours or more due to technical reasons, in which case the passenger receives no compensation.
- Suitcases / lost or damaged items: the maximum compensation for damages, breakages or losses caused in luggage amounts to a maximum of € 50 per package, regardless of value.
- Unexpected changes: the airline reserves the right to modify the flight schedule when necessary due to special circumstances. In that case, the passenger receives a notification via email. There are many who claim their right to reimbursement, since sometimes the new date or time may not be adapted to the needs of the passenger.
- Additional fees: If you want to change the date of your flight, you must pay an extra charge. Some passengers believe that this is more a "penalty" than a fee. In this link You can check the rates of all additional services on the flight (extra kilos, XL seat, etc.).
- Telephone 902: The customer service number is 902.808.005 and the ticket sales number is 902.808.022, which means that both are paid. The current price is € 0.91 / min from the fixed network and € 1.27 / min from the mobile network (taxes included).
It is worth mentioning that the cheapest rate, the Basic Rate, it does not include almost any service compared to the Optimal Rate or the Excellence Rate. One of the most notable drawbacks is that it does not entitle you to reserved space for your cabin luggage.
In case of experiencing problems with Vueling, the affected people must keep all the documentation of the flight, as well as the expenses incurred as a result of the incident. These will be the papers that serve as proof. You can also use Aena's claim sheets, which will notify Vueling of the case.
For reserve seat You must pay an extra fee when booking the ticket. It is a charge that is charged per person and route. However, it is not advisable to hire this service, since if it is very crowded at the time of boarding the flight, they may locate you where the crew considers.
One of the most frequent reasons for cancellation of flights is the strikes of controllers. The high number of flights that this airline offers on a daily basis, especially to French and Italian destinations, makes these usually affect Vueling passengers, especially in summer.
On the other hand, Vueling is one of the main European airlines thanks to the large number of routes available. This is a great advantage compared to other conventional airlines. In addition, it has several destinations within the same country, as we have seen before.
You must keep in mind that Vueling publishes promotions on its website of limited duration, such as Vueling One Million Squares, valid until November 2016, in which you could book flights from € 19.99.
We recommend planning the trip in advance and be attentive to possible offers. It is advised to follow your account on social networks such as Facebook to keep up.
Below we list the main services that you can benefit from with this airline:
Vueling Airlines offers numerous special discounts, such as the 24 + 1 promotion, aimed at groups of 25 people: for the reservation of 25 seats, you pay only 24. The company has the service Vueling Groups, which offers a series of special conditions such as:
- Initial budget without last minute surprises
- Reservations include an assigned seat and suitcase of 23 kg maximum per passenger
- Online reservation tracking
- Personalized customer service
ID or expired passport
Another of the great comforts of choosing Vueling is that you accept to travel with the ID or expired passport Up to 5 years for domestic flights.
This special condition is only accepted if the flight is to one of the following destinations: Germany, Austria, Belgium, France, Holland, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Portugal, Sweden and Switzerland.
You should know that Vueling also offers advantages for Business. From the area dedicated to them, it is possible to manage reservations comprehensively, find exclusive rates and promotions, and access more than 100 destinations, both for direct flights and with stopover.
If you travel for work, Vueling offers many facilities when it comes to requesting your invoice, be it flights, seat selection, luggage check-in, reservation of VIP lounges or change of flight.
To do this you just have to complete This formulary and you can receive it within 48 hours after the last journey of your reservation. Thus, for example, in cases of round trip, they will send it to you after the return flight.
Points to fly
When making a reservation with Vueling, you have the opportunity to accumulate points in two ways:
- Point Program: is the Vueling loyalty program. With this service, you can manage your account and the points you have just by providing them with your email. Using accumulated points is easy, as they can be redeemed for flights.
- Iberia Plus Program: Given their membership in IAG, those who have the Iberia Plus card can also choose to accumulate Avios and Elite Points and then use them in Iberia services and other associated companies.
Vueling Visa It is another advantage related to the points program. With this special card, you can get 1 point for every € 10 of your daily purchases, including cinemas, restaurants, gasoline, supermarkets, etc.
The first year is free, although from the second the holder must pay an annual fee of € 45 and the beneficiary another € 35. In addition, it saves the commission for paying by card that airlines usually charge for the purchase of tickets online.
Vueling has the application for smartphones Mobile Vueling, available in the App Store, Google Play, Windows Phone and Mobile HTML. With it you can access the following amenities:
- Last minute information about the status of your flight
- Option to advance the flight with the fares Optima or Excellence
- Flight booking and access to the service rent-a-car
- Check-in from the APP
- Management of your reservation: possibility of adding luggage, choosing seats, changing flights, etc.
- Registration in myvueling: This is the Vueling intranet, from which you can buy faster and easier because it saves your data in a personal user account. In addition, add points that you can redeem for flights.
- Synchronization with Apple watch and Smartwatch Sony 2
Second hand luggage
Vueling offers the possibility of carrying two packages of hand luggage per passenger. The measures of the first should not exceed 55x40x20 cm, except for those passengers who fly with the Excellence Rate, for which a maximum of 14 kg is allowed.
The second package must be smaller than 55x40x20 cm. It is advisable to choose packages such as a backpack, small case, woman's bag, camera or video camera, laptop, etc.
We strongly recommend that you respect the measurements of both packages, since the staff is very strict at the boarding gate. In fact, the airline reserves the right to cancel the reservation and deny boarding if the requirements indicated above are not met.
Do not forget that, according to the common regulations established by Aena, food can be transported in handbags. For more information, you can visit the following article: Hand luggage in Vueling.
WiFi on board
Vueling is one of the few airlines that offer paid WiFi on board. This service, baptized with the name of Wifing, arises from its collaboration with Movistar.
It is a broadband connection that allows a download speed of up to 20Mbps. The connection works normally from the start of the flight to the landing.
According to the regulations, the connection could be disconnected only in case the aircraft needs to initiate a process of de-icing to avoid the accumulation of ice and snow on the surface, something frequent when flying under adverse weather conditions.
Travel with babies and children
Families traveling with babies and children (up to 2 years old) must necessarily check-in at the airport. In these cases, up to 2 extra pieces (including cot, cuckoo or stroller) can be billed at no additional cost.
The main advantage of Vueling when traveling with babies and children is that you automatically have preferred boarding on all your flights.
In addition, it is allowed to take the stroller to the boarding gate. Once there, the airline staff will put a label on the car with your personal data to facilitate identification.
Strollers are considered “special luggage” and travel in the hold of the plane, next to checked baggage, at no additional cost.
Top photo by Eric Salard
This article has been shared 70 times.
Finally, we have selected the previous and next article of the block "Travel by airplane"so you can continue reading: